Monday, May 13, 2013

Fit2Run Grand Opening Fun

 
Last Thursday I attended the official Grand Opening of Fit2Run - Estero/Coconut Point. You are probably thinking to yourself, yeah, so what. How much fun can a grand opening be, but let me tell you, it was a party not to be missed!
 
 
 Before I could even make my way into the store, I was greeted by some of the wonderful staff of Fit2Run, handing out the cutest bright yellow tech shirts, raffle tickets and a goody bag filled with all kinds of running swag. If you didn't know, runners love their swag (even if sometimes they don't know what to do with it), and this was some pretty good stuff.  Each goodie bag had a Nathan Flip Straw Pure Bottle, a pair of Feetures Ultra Light Socks, a Brooks candle, GU Chomps, Sport Wash Detergent and the cutest foot key chain by Vibram.
 
Items in our goody bags.
After getting all excited about my goodies, I made our way into the store. It was filled with people, everywhere! Who knew that store could hold so many people. There was a live DJ playing all my Disney Pre-Race favorites like, Cupid Shuffle and the Cha Cha Slide and the room was jumping with energy.


Right away I noticed some of my fellow Ambassadors and made my way through the crowd to say "hello".  It was so great seeing all of them, in their normal everyday attire for once (lol, it is usually running clothes). This years Fit2Run Ambassadors have got to be the funniest group of people you could ever throw together, and I had such a good time hung out with them. We talked, enjoyed some wonderful food by chef Craig Chasky, drank champagne, and listened for our names to be called in one of the hundred drawings the store had that night.

Ambassadors - Ken, Melissa, Jen & Holly
Fellow Fit2Run Ambassador Holly & I
2013' Ambassadors - Jill, Hollie, Pablo, Jen, Ken & Melissa
It was a fantastic Grand Opening filled with good friends, good food, and lots of prizes (Jen and Jill both won a pair of running shoes!), at one of the best running stores around, Fit2Run.

Jen winning her pair of Nike Tennis Shoes
  Have you ever attended a grand opening for a running store? Did they do anything special for those that attended?

1 comment:

  1. That was a GREAT Night!
    So glad you captured my crazy smile after I won the Nike shoes. :-D

    ReplyDelete