Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayers For Boston

Today my heart is aching after the bombing at the Boston Marathon finish line yesterday. The senseless loss of life overwhelms me and as always, I look to the Lord for strength and some kind of understanding. Here are some verses that have given me comfort today and hopefully they will do the same for you.
 
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
 
John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
 
Philippians 4:6-7
 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
 
 

1 comment: